Skip to main content

Table 1 Haplogroup distribution in patients and controls

From: Mitochondrial haplogroup U is associated with a reduced risk to develop exfoliation glaucoma in the German population

  Controls (n = 249) NTG (n = 272) XFG (n = 157)
mtHg f f p OR L95 U95 f p OR L95 U95
H 0.450 0.434 0.725 0.937 0.663 1.324 0.491 0.475 1.177 0.790 1.756
U 0.189 0.132 0.093 0.656 0.410 1.049 0.083 0.004 0.388 0.204 0.737
T 0.108 0.147 0.193 1.418 0.845 2.379 0.115 0.872 1.065 0.570 1.991
J 0.068 0.063 0.860 0.910 0.459 1.804 0.070 1.000 1.028 0.476 2.222
K 0.056 0.099 0.075 1.850 0.956 3.578 0.083 0.312 1.515 0.704 3.265
O 0.040 0.0      0.006     
V 0.024 0.033      0.051     
W 0.020 0.015      0.032     
HV 0.016 0.018      0.038     
I 0.016 0.018      0.013     
X 0.012 0.018      0.019     
  1. O, unclassified mitochondrial haplogroups; f, frequency; OR, odds ratio; L95, confidence interval 95% lower bound; U95, confidence interval 95% upper bound. Odds ratios were calculated only for haplogroups with a frequency >5%. The only significant p-value is in bold.