220 Altmetric Mentions
When reared under typical conditions used in commercial aquaculture, the vgll3 genotype regulates age at maturity in male mowi Atlantic salmon but not in females, in contrast to what is observed in wild animals.
Aims and scope
- Matteo Pasini, BioMed Central, UK
- Alexandria Latto, BioMed Central, UK
- Federico Canzian, German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ)
- Roland Kölliker, Agroscope Reckenholz-Tänikon Research Station
- Li Ma, University of Maryland
- Anna Malacrida, University of Pavia
- Cesar Martins, UNESP - São Paulo State University
- Michele Morgante, University of Udine
- James Reecy, Iowa State University
- Pim van Hooft, Wageningen University
- Rongling Wu, Pennsylvania State University
- Shuhua Xu, (CAS-MPG) Partner Institute for Computational Biology
Cesar Martins joined the Editorial Board of BMC Genetics in 2008 and became the Section Editor of Epigenetics and Chromosome Biology in 2016. He is a Professor of Molecular and Cellular Biology and Genomics at São Paulo State University. His research interest is directed to Chromosome and Genome evolution, with emphasis on B chromosome biology.
BMC Series blog
2018 Journal Metrics
Portable Peer Review
The editors of BMC Genetics support initiatives that expedite the peer review process and are happy to consider manuscripts that have been reviewed in Peerage of Science. Please indicate in your cover letter if this applies to your manuscript.